Saturday, December 15, 2012

only love

I had a list of things I wanted to write about in my blog. The organic farming workshop, the bicycle edition, the hidden basket workshop, the tiny ancient villages nestled into the mountains and glowing with Christmas lights, the secret to finding land here, the winter solstice celebration we were invited to by our librarian.

And then I read the news. And now the tears are flowing and my heart is breaking. And so I will have to save those stories for another day. My energy is elsewhere. It's certainly not in writing today.

Wishing I could embrace you all, but a simple written "I love you", will have to do. I'm not even sure who is reading this blog - but it doesn't matter. I love you all. This world needs it. It doesn't matter who you are. For our children's sake, I love you all.

Those teachers in my life whether I met you as a small child or as a fellow teacher, know that you are brave, you've made such a difference in my life and I am eternally grateful. To the parents I wish you all the healing in the world and as much unconditional love as you share with your little ones everyday. And to the children, I wish that you have no fear, I wish you childhood, I wish you joy, I wish you life. If I could fit you all on my lap in a tight hug and read you a comforting story I would, for now I'll just have to hold you all in my heart as that's the only place that will fit everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!
You're more than welcome to leave one...